Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Lament in My Head

Wake Up Dead Man—U2

Jesus, Jesus help me
I'm alone in this world
And a fucked-up world it is too.

Tell me, tell me the story
The one about eternity
And the way it's all gonna be.

Wake up, wake up dead man
Wake up, wake up dead man.

Jesus, I'm waiting here, boss
I know you're looking out for us
But maybe your hands aren't free.

Your Father, He made the world in seven
He's in charge of heaven.
Will you put a word in for me?

Wake up, wake up dead man
Wake up, wake up dead man.

Listen to the words they'll tell you what to do
Listen over the rhythm that's confusing you
Listen to the reed in the saxophone
Listen over the hum of the radio
Listen over the sound of blades in rotation
Listen through the traffic and circulation
Listen as hope and peace try to rhyme
Listen over marching bands playing out their time.

Wake up, wake up dead man
Wake up, wake up dead man.

Jesus, were you just around the corner?
Did you think to try and warn her?
Were you working on something new?
If there's an order in all of this disorder
Is it like a tape recorder?
Can we rewind it just once more?

Wake up, wake up dead man
Wake up, wake up dead man.
Wake up, wake up dead man.

6 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Lora said...

thinking of you all
crying with you

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...as peace and hope try to rhyme...
Jesus...we're listening.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Will those who mourn be left uncomforted
While you're up there just playing hard to get?

And I know your bore our sorrows
and I know you feel our pain
And I know it would not hurt any less
Even if it could be explained

And I know that I am only lashing out
At the one who loves me most"

Hard to Get - Rich Mullins

Just don't have words of my own that speak any better.

Love you - Tom

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so very sad with you...
Uncle Chuck and Aunt Sara

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May the peace of our lord be with all of you in this hour of grief and always.

Don & Wilma

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike:

No matter how I try to understand or feel your anguish, I am unable. We must have faith that GOD has"order in all this disorder." Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home