Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Rain




Patty Griffin's Rain


It's hard to listen to a hard hard heart
Beating close to mine
Pounding up against the stone and steel
Walls that I won't climb
Sometimes a hurt is so deep deep deep
You think that you're gonna drown
Sometimes all I can do is weep weep weep
With all this rain falling down

Strange how hard it rains now
Rows and rows of big dark clouds
But I'm holding on underneath this shroud
Rain

It's hard to know when to give up the fight
Some things you want will just never be right
It's never rained like it has tonight before
Now I don't wanna' beg you baby
For something maybe you could never give
I'm not looking for the rest of your life
I just want another chance to live

Strange how hard it rains now
Rows and rows of big dark clouds
But I'm holding on underneath this shroud
Rain

Strange how hard it rains now
Rows and rows of big dark clouds
But I'm still alive underneath this shroud
Rain

4 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger View From Above said...

Patty Griffin and her music has been a great source of healing and joy for me...

Now, when I listen to "Rain" it'll change where I go.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Holly Sharp said...

wow, we've been listening to this song all week thinking of you guys...

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Greta said...

Don't know if it's just my computer, but I'm not getting the whole slideshow...the last pictures of Mike and Will together and the four of you laying on the bed that I remember from the funeral are not on there. And I remember more pictures of Will and Ella together. But anyway, it's a beautiful slide show and a beautiful song and I just watch it over and over thinking of you all.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Greta said...

That's the one I remember. Thank you. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home